In this episode, I had my good friend Matt Koch back on the show for part two to talk about how to maximize the value of credit card rewards points by using tools to search for the best transfer partners that will give you the best value.
- Intro: (0:00-0:54)
- Ways to use the points (0:54-6:48)
- Using Points on Hotels and Airlines (6:48-11:30)
- Frameworks, resources, and the impact of travel hacking on your financial picture (11:30-29:14)
- Wrap up and Action Items (29:14-33:47)
- The Points Guy Valuation
- AwardLogic (most well-rounded, but most expensive – searches almost all airlines, 3 days at once, and displays all relevant info about the flights)
- Point.me (full version is not free – does everything AwardLogic, but only 1 day at a time, and it gives you step-by-step instructions on how to book it, results populate very slowly (~2minutes each search))
- Point.me via Bilt (Free, single day, limited # of airlines, but cover the major ones other than Delta)
- Roame.travel (Free, single day, limited # of airlines, but covers the major ones)
- Special Purpose (1 airline at a time and all cost money)
- Expert Flyer
Download the Ultimate Military Finance Checklist, with 7 pages of critical things to be thinking about to clarify your journey to financial freedom.
Think you might need some financial help? Book an intro call with me to see if we would be a mutual fit.
Questions or comments, drop me a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org